Bike to Work Day
|Title:||Bike to Work Day|
|Date & Time:||Fri May 21, 2021 6:00 AM - 9:30 AM|
|Event Details:||The City of Alexandria encourages the community to safely participate in National Bike to Work Day on Friday, May 21. Events and activities will meet all health guidelines for staff, participants and spectators, including use of face masks and physical distancing protocols of 6 feet in accordance with state and local requirements. To ensure everyone’s safety and prevent the spread of COVID-19, participants will register for 30-minute time slots, with a maximum of 30 people each.
Participants can register for activities at three of eight Alexandria “pit stops”:
• Conte’s Bike Shop (1101 King St.), from 6:30 to 9 a.m.*
• Pedego Bikes (210 N. Lee St.), from 6:30 to 9 a.m.*
• Big Wheel Bikes (2 Prince St.), from 6:30 to 9:30 a.m.*
• Carlyle (300 John Carlyle St.), from 6 to 9 a.m.
• Del Ray (2704 Mt. Vernon Ave.), from 6 to 9 a.m.
• Fairlington Centre (1711 Centre Plaza), from 6:30 to 9 a.m.
• Mark Center North Parking Garage (across from 4825 Mark Center Drive), from 7 to 9 a.m.
• National Landing (3030 Potomac Ave.), from 3 to 6 p.m.
*City-sponsored pit stops will provide participants grab-and-go refreshments, swag and an opportunity to practice loading their bikes on a bus rack.
|Contact Person:||Renee Moore|
|Contact Phone No.:||703.746.4079|
|Audience:||Anyone may attend|
|Tags:||Bicycle, GO Alex, T&ES Events|
For event details visit https://apps.alexandriava.gov/Calendar/?35245
Maps produced by the City of Alexandria GIS & Maps division.